Sunday 15 March 2015

Whitworth Art Gallery - Manchester

 Cai Guo-Qiang
 photo IMG_4091_zpsvjlvsdl0.jpg   photo IMG_4092_zpsbxaggujc.jpg
A recent visit to the Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester, proved inspirational and stimulating, especially the large scale gunpowder work by Cai Guo-Qiang. 
Immediately the scale of the artwork, the calmness it presented within the exhibited space, and the use of violent gunpowder utilised as a subtle mark media. This all presented on handmade paper has offered an avenue that I feel needs exploring for final outcomes. Seeing how marks and colour where portrayed on large scale textured handmade paper, will encourage me to explore my own creative direction, by informing the media I work with or on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me any comments or constructive criticism you may have.
Thank you